Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting Ready for Something New

Just one more day until we welcome back the students.  The library is mostly ready with over a hundred new books, new paint, and pretty bulletin boards. Things will be very different this year as we implement a grades 5 through 8 iPad initiative. Every student will have his or her own iPad.  Our teachers have not had much time to adapt to this change.  We are all jumping in to this together.  My challenge will be finding ways for this device to help students with reading and learning.  I plan to document this adventure along with all the normal ups and downs of a middle school library in this blog.  I hope some educators and librarians will stumble upon this blog and find something interesting.  Please feel free to offer me advice; I'm sure I'll need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment