Slob Discussion Questions:
- Describe Mr. Wooly. Could you image a teacher really being like him? How does he add to the story?
- What did you think of the GWAB group? Why do you think Jeremy wanted to be part of the group?
- Did your opinion of Jeremy change over the course of the novel?
- Who did you suspect was stealing Owen’s cookies?
- Who can explain Owen’s invention Nemesis?
- Did you ever suspect that Zelda was not Owen’s real mother? When did you first realize the truth?
- How did you react when you learned what really happened to Owen’s parents?
- Who wrote the note SLOB? What did you think it meant and what did it really mean?
- Why do you think Owen held on to the note and what did he let it go in the end?
- How did your opinion of Mason change over the course of the novel?
- Did you find this novel to be too dark or depressing for middle school?
- Would you recommend this novel to anyone? If so, who?
Our selection for March will be Legend by Marie Lu.