This action packed novel was a favorite with our bookclub. They loved the humor, adventure and mystery. Many of our members commented on how well the characters were developed, especially Connor, and they can't wait to read the sequel, which already has a long waitlist. The False Prince is an excellent pick for middle school bookclubs. It appeals to both boys and girls across many grade levels. It is also a quick read with plenty of topics to discuss.
- Which of the characters did you like the best and why?
- Why did Connor not let Latamer go?
- Why do you think Sage felt so strongly about Latamer?
- Did you think Connor's plan would work or did you see any possible problems?
- Why does Sage trust Imogen so much when he doesn't seem to trust anyone else?
- How did you feel about the way Connor treated the Errol and the other servant boys?
- Did you see any clues about Sage's real identity?
- How did Mott figure out the truth about Sage?
- What do you think would have happened if Connor had discovered the truth about Sage sooner?
- What do you predict will happen in the sequel?
- How does The False Prince compare to other fantasy novels you have read?